02 November 2009

Spooky, Scary

For Halloween this year, we wanted to avoid Bria having to wear a costume made for a dog, so we thought about our costumes several weeks in advance. We decided to go as a rock band. However, making our decision lulled us into a false sense of security, because we got to Halloween and realized we knew what we were going to be, but not what we were going to wear. So even though the execution wasn't exactly spectacular, at least we were all wearing human clothes.

We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat the night before Halloween and had a great time. Bria didn't really understand the concept and just wanted to play on the church steps, but it was still fun to meet more people in our ward.
Ok, so this picture is kind of weird, but I think Bria's face is too hilarious to not post.

The next night we decided to trick-or-treat with Sam's brother Marc's family. So the older kids did their own things while Sam, Bria, and I went around with Marc, Jenn, and Colin. Bria quickly picked up on what was happening, and then she was off! She loved it. She would run up to houses with Colin (Jango Fett-- am I spelling that right?), climb the steps to the door (she would not let us help her), knock on the door, quickly grab as much candy as possible, and then yell thank you (or "da do" in Brianese) and bye-bye as she quickly ran off to the next house. She lugged her bucket behind her the whole time, even though towards the end of the night it may have weighed more than she does.
It was a really fun Halloween-- perhaps the most fun Sam and I have ever had on a Halloween. I'm excited to start thinking of our costumes next year, although I'm sure by then Bria will have her own ideas of what she wants to be and I won't be able to subject her to my crazy ideas.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

What a fabulous rock band. Looks like you had a really fun Halloween. We on the other hand stayed home on Halloween night and got no (zero, zip, zilch) trick-or-treaters...which was okay since we had no candy:).

Lindsay said...

Did you buy a bump-it for that hairstyle? Those are great costumes. I'm glad you had fun!