09 February 2010

Skillz, Part Two

Our most notable update is that we survived the Snowpocalypse this weekend. We got about two feet of snow over the weekend, and we lost electricity for twelve hours. It was all very exciting, adventurous, and sometimes boring, but we survived! Now, on to the next snow storm which will start today and bring another 10-20 inches of snow. Look forward to pictures later.

The real point of this post is to showcase another of Bria's exciting skills. She learned to say her name! We call Bria by more nicknames than we do her actual name, so I was starting to wonder if she even knew her name was Bria. We most often call her Beebee, and that's what she would say to refer to herself. When she wants something, she pats her chest furiously and says "Beebee. Beebee. Beebee," in this very serious, very longing tone. But recently I asked her what her name was and she responded very enthusiastically, "BEA!" She still has some trouble with saying her Rs, so it sounds maybe more like bee-ya. It's incredibly adorable. I caught this video of her showing off the skill:

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like you've got a little flasher there, haha.

She is just so stinkin' cute!

And good luck with the next round of snow!

mj said...

So cute. Leah used to say her name the same way! Eventually she caught on to Leah (and would only SCREAM it), but she usually said "bea!" I so miss that. Love that Bria can fill my void. :)

Lindsay said...

I can't stand how DARLING she is!

Lindsay said...

I can't stand how DARLING she is!