09 April 2010

easter sunday

We had a great Easter this year. It was nice to have a relaxing day together, and then have a big family dinner with Sam's brothers' families and Sam's parents, who were in town for the weekend.
We started out with a traditional Easter egg hunt around our apartment, which thrilled Bria to no end. I had told her about the Easter bunny early in the week before, and for the rest of the week, all I ever heard was "a bunny come? candy? a bunny come?" Several times I tried to explain the real meaning of Easter, but that was a little difficult to explain to an almost-two-year-old. (But I tried!)
So, first thing Bria said to me on Sunday, when I went into her room to retrieve her from her crib was, "a bunny come?!" All morning she was literally shaking with excitement.

In true Bria fashion, she was too excited to look at the camera:

and too excited to take the candy out of her mouth for a picture:

a bunny come!

After the egg hunt, Bria got the special treatment. The last couple Sundays, Sam has given her a manicure while I get ready for church. To say Bria loves it would be an understatement. She is obsessed with showing people her fingernails and her toenails. She adores having painted nails.

I blew her hair dry for the first time, which Bria thought was so fun, since she always "helps" me do my hair.

That evening, as if going to her cousins' house wasn't exciting enough, Bria got to jump on the trampoline for the first time. She keeps telling me about the jump-a-ween.

And of course, she loved seeing her grandparents.What a lovely holiday!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

oh man that little girl is hilarious- i seriously love her expressions! can't wait to see you girls next week!

Maranda said...

Does she love Peeps as much as her mommy? She got that from the womb! I will never forget about all the peeps you ate, it cracks me up because they really are a bit gross. I also LOVE that SAM paints her nails. How cute and fun! You guys are such awesome parents!

Nicole said...

So cute! This made me want to have a child. I'd say that's progress.

Amber Volle said...

Too funny Courtney! Super cute of Sam to do Bria's nails!