21 April 2010

Richmond

The day after Whitney left, Bria and I drove down to Richmond to visit Jenna and Baby Siena for a little sleepover. Jenna and I have been friends since high school, and it's fun to be within driving distance of each other. Bria absolutely adored Siena, whom she lovingly called "sa-hannah." Whenever Siena would cry, Bria would get right up next to her, with a concerned look, and say "s'ok, baby! s'ok, baby!"
(and, of course, Bria wouldn't smile for a picture.)
Since Jenna's husband, Nick, was away for a month for a medical school rotation, it was a great time for us to catch up on all our girl talk from the last couple months. I think I made Jenna stay up later than she wanted, but she was very hospitable (even though she was sick!). We took the girls to the park, and I had about a 1 minute taste of what it would be like to have two kids, as I held Siena while pushing Bria on the swing. And Siena was so adorable, I almost stole her and brought her home with me.
(photo by Jenna)

But then Bria threw a fit because I wouldn't let her run into the street, and I remembered that having one child is good too. Aaaahh, the joy of a two-year-old (almost!).

All in all, it was a lovely little jaunt. A nice day break from our routine. Thanks, Jenna and Siena!

No comments: