05 May 2010

Bria's Birthday Rundown

For Bria's birthday, we celebrated for several days. On Friday, Bria and I metroed in to meet Sam as he got off work, and we headed straight for the zoo. It was slightly disappointing because very few animals were out, but Bria still had a great time. (we told her the animals were sleeping.) I think her favorites were the turtles.

For her actual birthday, we had a laid back Sunday. I made special birthday snickerdoodles, and pretty much let Bria call the shots for the day.
And one of those shots included eating ice cream right before bed.
Throughout the week after her birthday, she opened several presents from friends and family, including this one from her godparents:
And on Saturday, we had a party with a couple friends.
Now I know how ridiculous it is to try to get a bunch of kids age 1 -6 to take a group picture.
One of Bria's favorite presents was a Dora the Explorer tent from her cousins Max and Mallory. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that she cries every time we put it away.
On Sunday, one week after her birthday, we went outside to blow bubbles (yet another gift!). Bria loves bubbles maybe even more than she loves me. She's still trying to get a hang of it (she usually puts her mouth right on the wand), and she asks for them every day.
It was the perfect week-long birthday celebration for our little two year-old.

6 comments:

Maranda said...

Happy Birthday Bria! That looks like so much fun. She is getting so big and has the cutest personality!

Amanda said...

Oh my, I can hardly stand the elbow dimples!!

Mike and Emily said...

Man, she is cute!

Jenna said...

looks like bria partied in style, what a fun week of festivities!

Allison said...

Cute white dress! What is it with kids and tents?

maryirene said...

she is so adorable. aren't birthdays fun! i can't believe how big she is getting. it sounds like the east coast is treating you well too.