25 April 2012

Shut the Door

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a four year old.

Since the day she was born, what I hear most about Bria is how expressive she is. When we walk around, I frequently hear little giggles, or people pointing Bria out to friends-- there is just something about that girl. She has retained the little strut, the confident sway of the hips she adopted when she learned to walk; it has truly become her signature. I won't deny that many of her dramatic mannerisms come from me-- she talks with her hands, has myriad facial expressions for even the smallest of emotions (though no emotion is small for this girl), and can get excited about the smallest details. She has an enviable zest for life.

Bria's passion is art. She colors and doodles and draws for hours every single day. Every notebook and scrap of paper is covered in her artwork, and I have a stack a mile high of her creations (I have no idea where to begin to organize/weed it out). We gave her an easel for her birthday (one side chalkboard, one side whiteboard), and she has already logged hours standing at that thing.
She loves to dance, and she really wants to learn soccer, karate, and swimming. And she is very excited about our upcoming summer project: learning to read. When she grows up, she is very set on being a veterinarian dentist. I don't really think veterinarians specialize quite like that, but she doesn't believe me.

Bria's favorite foods are strawberries, tomatoes, blueberries, watermelon, hummus, bread, oatmeal, pasta, cheese, yogurt, pizza, and of course she has quite the sweet tooth. She has a strong disdain for quinoa (much to my chagrin!).

Now let us see how she has grown.






5 comments:

Ben Earnest said...

She is adorable, we love our Bria!

Nicole said...

Awwww great post!

hanner said...

i love this post! i can't believe that bria was only 18 months old when we first met her—that feels like AGES ago.

Lindsay said...

Oh I love this girl! I love all the birthday posts! I hope the day was just fabulous. :)

Amy said...

I adore her! I can see her zest for life just by looking at these pictures. Happy birthday to her!