20 May 2008

Finding Our Groove

Bria made her maiden voyage at church this week. We only stayed for sacrament meeting, but it was nice to go after a four-week hiatus. We are blessing her the first Sunday in June, and we are looking forward to having Sam's parents and sister, Rachel, in town for the event. And this weekend, my oldest sister, Amy, will be in town, so I'll get to meet my newest nephew, Stone, who was born three and a half weeks before Bria.

I think I am feeling more normal every day-- both in recovering from the birth and in being a mom. Bria continues to be a wonderful baby. Sam and I feel incredibly lucky and grateful to have such a calm baby. She only wakes up once or twice at night to eat, and then she goes right back to sleep. She does have a fussy period in the evening, but it's usually because she's tired, and it doesn't take too long to get her to sleep.
It is an adjustment to just being home all day every day. I still don't feel comfortable taking her out by myself, so I don't get out much, which is difficult. I was used to being out of the house the majority of my waking hours, so I do get quite stir crazy. I have been trying to read more, and I will start to feel more adventurous as I get comfortable taking her out on my own. In some ways, it feels so natural to have Bria-- I can't believe it's only been three and a half weeks since I had her-- it almost feels like forever. But in other ways, it still feels so unnatural to be a mom. I am definitely still finding my groove, and I expect I will still be finding that groove every day for the next eighteen years.


Here are some of Bria's favorite ways to sleep:

1 comment:

Maranda said...

Oh, she is so sweet! I love ALL the pictures, keep them coming! She's looking more and more like a little baby and less like a newborn every time you put up new pictures. She's starting to look like you guys!!