The past week has been quite the whirlwind of events. Bria was born one week ago, graduation was one week ago, and we moved to a bigger apartment. Thanks to our ward, we were able to move in a total of 4 1/2 hours, start to finish. Sam and I had barely packed anything on Monday when some people from the ward showed up to help us. They packed everything and then deep-cleaned the entire apartment. Sam and I were overwhelmed with gratitude to everyone who helped-- there is no way we would have gotten everything done in time to move. So now we are trying to settle into our new apartment. It is so nice to have two bedrooms! My mom and sister have come over almost every day to hold Bria and help me put stuff away. I have been so happy to have family close by!
Bria is also doing well. She is pretty calm so far and, in classic infant style, she is confused about the meanings of "day" and "night." Sam and I have developed shifts around her feeding schedule as to who will get up with her. Our new apartment has free cable, so I am becoming reacquainted with the Food Network and its middle-of-the-night shows. I also enjoyed watching the Saved by the Bell tv movie the other night at 3 am on TBS. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood.
I will upload some more pictures of Bria soon. My dad and a few friends think she looks like Sam. My mom says she has my nose. We'll see-- the swelling in her cheeks has gone down, so they aren't quite as prominent as the picture I posted last time, although she still does have some impressive cheek bones.
3 comments:
I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see more pictures posted :)
yeah! and i agree with your mama...i said the same thing to nick. put those pics up soon!
We are so excited to see her in just a few days. We will see you on Thursday!
Post a Comment