Also, I thought I would write about where we got Bria's name. Sam and I debated for a long time on her name. We had all the boy names in the world that we loved, but we could never agree on girl names. We had a list of 5 or so names that we agreed on, but neither of us really loved. One night, Sam was searching on some baby name websites and found the name Bria. He said it to me, and I liked it. I had never heard it before, but I really liked it. He told me it was Gaelic for strong, valiant, and courageous, which made me like it even more. From then on, Bria was our number one choice.
As for her middle name, many of you will know that I did not want to name her after me. I have never really liked my name, and I don't feel like a Courtney. Why would I want to pass that on? We discussed it often, and it didn't seem that Sam would budge. It was the only middle name that he liked. I had another name in mind (a family name) but he wasn't as excited about that. Going into the hospital, we were both still fighting strong for our preferred middle names. After she was born, I decided that I would let Sam win the battle. I didn't have the best labor and delivery experience, and Bria and I both had to work really hard together to get her here. I decided since we shared that experience together, it was fitting that she have my first name for her middle name. Sam was really excited when I told him we could name her Bria Courtney. And that's how she got her name!
And now for some pictures.






4 comments:
you look so beautiful even on your way to the hospital!
also, i didn't even notice your "staus" on facebook until nick asked me if i saw it. thanks for being so obedient. i've always liked that about you...
congrats again and again and again!
Gosh, I can't get over how cute she is!!! You're such a great mom, I'm still so excited for you.
I had wondered about her middle name, and I love knowing the story behind it. I am amazed by the strength you had with your birth experience. You are inspiring.
What an awesome legacy to give Bria.
Love you guys! What a fabulous fam.
How's the mommy doing now?
Post a Comment