We spent Christmas with my entire family in SLC. We took some family pictures and had this one of all the babies born in 2008. So here is Bria (April 25), Abby (September 28), Cameron (September 2), and Stone (April 1). Yes, Bria is huge.
Sam thought it would be great fun to make the dads of the '08 babies refuse to smile. Needless to say, my mom was not thrilled with their pact.
We took this family picture just outside my parents' house.
My two oldest nieces' Christmas presents were getting their ears pierced. So we all went for moral support (mostly for my sister), and Sam thought it would be cute to dress Bria up in Hannah Montana gear while we waited. I'm not so sure what I think about that, but I took a picture anyway.
On Sunday night, my sister Amy, her three girls Lindsay, Lucy, and Sophie, and my sister Whitney and I went to see the lights at temple square. There weren't as many lights this year, but I'm glad the church is recognizing the cost and effect of using so much electricity!
Ah, back to family pictures. This is Bria's incredibly happy face. Adam and Kathleen, do you think she looks a little Lena-esque here?
On the 26th, all the girls went to lunch at Market Street Grill. YUM! We talked about things that were hard and things that were happy this year. Then I made us all divulge on our celebrity old-man crushes (young-guy crush for my mom). S0 here we have Whitney (Brad Pitt), my mom (Matt Damon), me (Colin Firth), Lindsay (George Clooney), Amy (Harrison Ford), and Rachel (George Clooney).
We didn't take a ton of pictures on Christmas morning, but here is Bria with her Santa gifts, including some cute clips to put in her hair. That should help more people know she's a girl. (She's also wearing her traditional Christmas Eve pajamas). This will also work for our 8-month picture, since Bria turned eight months old on Christmas Day. I can't believe how big she is! She has crawled a few crawls with her belly off the floor, but mostly she just scoots around (with incredible speed).
Sam, Bria, and I each opened a present on Christmas Eve earlier in the day. I had to work on Christmas Eve, so by the time I got home, it was a whirlwind to throw our stuff in the car and start driving to Salt Lake. We opened out presents and Bria got these little barnyard animals, which are a hit, to say the least.
Last but not least, we got a new kitchen table! My sister Lindsay was letting us borrow theirs while they have been living with my parents. Now they are moving into their own place and need theirs back. So we were searching KSL Classifieds and Craigslist (as well as Target and IKEA) for a while. The other day, Sam saw this table for $25! We called right away and Sam left to pick it up within 15 minutes of our talking about it. When he was almost there to pick it up (in West Valley). The guy called and said that he had moved the table, and while doing so, cracked the corner, and if we still wanted it, we could have it for free! So, the crack wasn't too bad, so we got this free table! It is pretty nice, and we are really excited about it. Sam fixed the crack with some wood glue, and you can barely tell. So here's Bria enjoying the new table.
So there you go. The marathon post. We hope you all had a lovely Christmas! We are home in Provo now, and it feels really nice to be home. I am now hammering out some details of my New Year's Resolutions, so I'm sure I'll post about those next year in a couple days. Until then, I will just enjoy these last few days of '08. It was a good year.
2 comments:
You guys look like you had a fun Christmas. I can't believe how grown up Bria is!!! That family picture of you guys in front of your parents house looks fake. There is tons of snow, how crazy.
Happy 100th post! I like the picture of all the cousins born in 2008. It's been a big year for you guys.
Post a Comment