02 December 2008

Thanksgiving on Hands and Knees

We had Thanksgiving with my parents, my sister Whitney, my grandma, and my dad's brother. We had all the classics, and then I made some new dishes: butternut squash in brown butter, brussels sprouts with vinegar glazed onions, and green beans with bacon and almonds. I also made a pumpkin cheesecake and a apple cranberry pie. It was a great meal! Here is Bria watching us eat.

Also, that morning my sister lindsay and I ran a 5K.

Hanging out at my parents' house this weekend:


Just over the weekend, Bria has started expressing interest in crawling-- much to my dismay. It is very cute, but I'm not excited to babyproof the apartment. She is just getting up on her knees, so I figure I still have a couple weeks before she really takes off. Here is a video of her newly-found talent and a showcase of how she currently moves (the tummy pivot). Forgive her outfit-- she was just about to take a bath due to a messy prune dinner a few minutes earlier (pictured below).
The video is taking WAY too long to update. I'll try to do it again later.

3 comments:

Maranda said...

Wow, look at you, amazing chef!! That all looks so great! Woo Hoo for crawling soon, not so woo hoo for baby proofing. :)

Jenna said...

bria looks like whitney in the pic with the pink striped pjs! nick thinks so too, so it must be true.

Anonymous said...

The brussel sprouts look so good my mouth started to water! Not even kidding it really did. Bria is so cute and that is so exciting that she is crawling! Tell me how the baby proofing goes!