04 December 2008

This recipe is just too good not to share.

Cranberry Pear Cake
2 c flour
2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 t baking soda
1 large can pears, with juice, mashed
1 bag cranberries

Combine all ingredients. I like to add everything except the cranberries and then use my hand mixer, which effectively mashes the pears, then add the cranberries. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13. Bake at 350 degrees for at least 40 minutes. (My mom swears hers bakes in 40 minutes, but mine always takes infinitely longer.) Do a toothpick test to be certain it is done.

Sauce:
3/4 c cream
1 c sugar
3/4 c butter
1 t vanilla

Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Drizzle over individual pieces of cake and top with a hefty dollop of whipped cream.

You will die of culinary delight.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

This sounds SO good every time I look in our 59th ward cookbook. I LOVE cranberries in any recipe and am DEFINITELY making this this holiday season. Thanks for sharing!