16 April 2009

Easter (and then some)

Sometimes Bria is so cute I can't contain myself.

Case in point (Easter):P.S. Don't worry. The Reese's candy was not for her. It was for me and Sam. I don't feed my baby peanut butter. :)

Sam got outside before I did and decided to give Bria this toy (he insists she picked it up on her own-- like I believe that):

Bria also found a kit-kat during the easter egg hunt. Let's just say that was one messy clean-up (please note the chocolate squishing between her fingers. she had a death grip on that candy). She is obsessed with chocolate (ummm . . . not that I have ever given it to her . . .)

We had my family birthday dinner on Easter and this is my mom in the middle of making my cake. Oh. My. Word. I can't even explain the deliciousness to you.

I was making dinner and decided to not worry about Bria escaping from Bria Land. I turned around and found this:

Also, we had boiled eggs but never got around to dying them, so I did it all by myself today when I was feeling bored and stir-crazy.


We had dyed eggs with our friends Matt and Elisa a few weeks before and still had two left that were too pretty to eat, so I let Bria play with them while I dyed the others. She kind of loved it. Plus, those eggs had been dyed using silk ties. You use 100% silk ties, wrap them tightly around raw eggs, then wrap them again in plain fabric (we used muslin), then boil them in water with a little vinegar for 20-30 minutes. The dye-- including the pattern-- from the tie transfers onto the egg. It is amazing and so fun.

And lastly, we have a new nephew! Luke Turner Mangum was born today. Congratulations Don and Jean-- we can't wait to meet him! (and welcome to the world, Luke!)

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Um, that cake looks AMAZING. And Bria is, as always, adorable.

Amanda said...

Amen to Katherine's comment about the cake--is there a recipe you might be willing to post for the cake and whipped cream portions of that deliciousness?

Also, I am delighted by the fact that you coordinated dye and bowl colors. Awesome.

Amanda said...

(And of course Amen to Bria's adorableness. Stunning, even in the Kill Bill shot.)

Lindsay said...

Love this post. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of her in her easter dress. SO ADORABLE!! I can't believe she is going to be one in 5 days. Crazy!!

Joanna said...

Bria is so cute. She has great facial expressions. I've seen that high chair that hooks onto the table that you use, and it looks so cool and convenient that we've decided to get it. Have you liked it?