I was in Utah for ten days before heading back to Virginia, and I was able to see a lot of friends to say good-bye, including some friends from my old job.
We went to get sushi with my sister Whitney.
Bria loved the sushi-- seriously.
Sam drove our car out so Bria and I could fly. Even though the flight wasn't exactly what I call fun, I think it was probably a lot better than spending four days in the car with Bria. We took a picture of Sam and Bria before the big drive.

We said goodbye to Elisa and Matt.
We said goodbye to my parents, and there were lots of tears. I think my mom was hoping I would never move away from her-- and let's be honest-- she was hoping I would never take Bria away from her even more.
We finally made it to Virginia!

Here's a picture of our kitchen. Everything in the entire apartment is brand-new! I love it.
Sam started work today, so we will definitely feel like we have a routine soon. Bria and I have some pretty serious colds, but I think we're on the up-and-up. Bria has had a little bit of a rough time adjusting to her new room and new crib, since she is used to sleeping in the dark, quiet, enclosed space of a closet. But I'm hoping she gets used to it quickly.
We are so happy to be here, and we can't wait to see what kind of adventures await us!
4 comments:
Miss you guys.
WOOHOO!
You are all moved in...how fun! I love unpacking and "making" a new home! We miss you guys!
what a relief to be there and to be getting settled. wish you the best. the east coast is a great place.
Isn't it nice to finally be there instead of talking about it? Moving is always sad, but it's hard to be stuck in transition. "Stuck in Transition" that could be a good book title. I'll have to remember that.:) Anyway. We'll talk soon.
Post a Comment