03 December 2009

Dear Mom,

Sorry I spilled that leftover popcorn all over the kitchen/living room.

At least I helped clean it up by sweeping it off the kitchen floor onto the living room carpet.

Plus, I know you can't stay too mad at me, since I like to make faces like this:

Also, could you buy some more of that root beer stuff? I only siphoned a few drops from the empty bottle Dad left lying around, but, let me tell you, it was good.

You know, Mom, you sure are smart, but it seems the art of subtlety is lost on you. I don't think you get it that when I sit on the vacuum, I am trying to tell you to stop vacuuming.Same as when I put things in front of the vacuum or just stand right in your vacuum path. It's all the same.
I like it when you let me do my own thing. Like walk around looking like this:
Or play with stickers (and Dad!):
Or put on your deoderant (or Dad's!):

Or line up my toys on the couch:

Or pick my nose:
Sorry about that last one. I know you think it's gross.

Even though sometimes you tell me not to do things-- like pick my nose or play with the garbage and old diapers-- I have this sneaking suspicion that you have my best interest in mind. But I also think you should know that the tantrums I've been throwing lately (like when I scream and cry for Elmo multiple times a day) are just the beginning. Remember, I'm not even two yet! Ha ha ha. Just you wait until I'm 13!
But I sure love you Mom. At least, that's what I hear you telling yourself when I'm being particularly feisty. But don't forget this face:
I know it makes the frustrating things (like coloring on the walls, the floors, the tv and the doors) not so bad.

Love,
Bria

6 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

So darling! I can't wait until Jude is that age!

Rach said...

Bria,
That was a nice letter to your mom. She is really great and you are so lucky to have her. I usually freak out when Ty and Cam (your cousins) do crazy stuff to our house. Lucky for you, your mom is much more patient and loving! I will try to work on it!
Please send more letters and tell us more great things about your mom and dad!

Love,
Aunt Smach

Jenna said...

I knew Bria could talk, but her writing is also quite impressive! (As are her nose-picking skills) :)

Elisa said...

Bria is rocking that fur-trimmed denim outfit. Snazzy.

Joanna said...

That was a cute post. So much fun to see what you and especially Bria have been up to lately.

Allison said...

haha so cute! What a finny little girl Bria is. Thanks for putting that letter together! Loved it!