
Sam had to work (blerg!) so it was nice to tag along with some friends who helped entertain Bria.
(This picture, by the way, is quintessential Bria hair, and makes me feel like my child looks like a street urchin.)
Bria with hannahwob.
On our way from the metro, we stopped by the Smithsonian Castle where the trees were a-bloom and so beautiful. Bria kept saying, "it's gorgeous!"
I mostly watched, since I have no idea how to fly a kite. I tried a couple times, but felt kind of ridiculous running around, jumping around, trying to fling the kite into the air. So I embraced my role as a spectator. However, Bria had a great time flying her "kite."


Bria had a great time (except for an incident with another child's wagon and when a grown-man, over-zealous-kite-flyer bowled her over),
and she was exhausted by the time we got home.
A perfect Saturday, in my opinion.
6 comments:
it was SO FUN! kite flying fail on my part too. it's ok. our kites were dinky.
Hey we know Hannah and Robbie. My Robbie grew up with her! How fun. Looks like a pretty nice day to fly kites!
marybeth! hi! haha, how funny. courtney, you know everyone.
i came back to say that i love that picture of robbie and bria.
What a fun afternoon!!
What a fun day! Bria is so cute with her flag!
I love days like this too...Where you are both so tired at the end of it and there may have been a meltdown or two, but you just know your kid had a great time. And FUNNY that Bria says 'bummer.'
Post a Comment