Since I am home sick today with a vicious cold, I thought I could update the blog with a real post. The past few mornings, I have woken up with a sinus headache and a sore throat. I thought I was just getting too hot at night (despite Sam being in a phase of stealing ALL the blankets), but then I woke up this morning and knew this was no too-hot-at-night thing. I have a cold. I am not so happy about it. So I decided to cash in one of the sick days I was storing up and stay at home. It's amazing how much faster the day goes when I am just hanging out at home with Sam than when I am sitting at my desk at work, staring at a computer screen. I guess that's the theory of relativity for you.
In exciting news, The Adventures of Food Boy will be premiering at the Newport Beach Film Festival on April 26! We are so thrilled to have it showing in a festival! We are hoping that Sam will get to go out for the big premiere, but it all depends on when the baby decides to arrive. Sadly enough, no matter when the baby comes, I won't get to go. I think they discourage taking days-old infants on trips. :) I am pretty disappointed that I will miss the exciting event, but I do hope she comes in time for Sam to go-- I would be even more disappointed if he had to miss it too.
We are really getting close on the countdown. My oldest sister, who is pregnant with her fourth, is going in to have her water broken tonight, so that means I'm next! I finish work next Wednesday, and we even got to take a dry run to the hospital two weeks ago. Here's the story on that one: around lunch time, I was at work when I suddenly started having this excruciating back pain. I had know idea what it was, and it was really freaking me out. It came on very suddenly, and it would come and go. I wasn't having any regular contractions, but I really wasn't sure what to do. By the time I got home from work, Sam was starting to get concerned. We called the on-call midwife and since she couldn't really tell what was going on just from talking on the phone, she had me go in to the hospital. We were there for about three hours while they ran some tests, including checking for kidney stones. In the end, the figured it was just some muscle problem-- the baby was probably positioned weirdly and was causing some odd pain with some pinched nerve or muscle spasms or something. So, they gave me some percocet and sent me on my way. I had never taken percocet before, and let me tell you, I certainly enjoyed that! It took a few days for the pain to go completely away, but now I am feeling great! Well, as great as you can feel when you are just about 9 months pregnant. :) But now I know what it's like in the hospital, so that's one good thing!
So, we are slowly but surely getting ready. On that note, I think there is nothing better than some homemade baklava. If you are in the mood for a mediterranean treat, try this recipe that I made yesterday. It's insanely delicious. (I suggest increasing the sauce by 50%)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baklava/Detail.aspx?prop31=3
5 comments:
You're making me want to cook. It doesn't take a lot to make me want to cook...but since we used to talk about cooking in the WC, I always want to cook when I read your blog! Since the pregnancy, though, I've found it's a little less appealing knowing all the energy it takes to clean up!
That's crazy about the dry run to the hospital! I'm glad you got it all resolved!
Hi! Thanks so much for your comment! It's always relieving to hear that other people have had similar pregnancy symptoms! I can't believe how much water we have to drink. It's outrageous!
That's awesome that you're doing hynobirthing! I've read the whole book, and I think I hope to take a class once we're in CA. (I actually wrote an article on it for the SLTrib) Are you planning on doing it naturally then?
I had the same pain with Taylor! We went to the hospital too because I wasn't sure what was going on. It was about 2 weeks before my due date, but I was "daignosed" with being huge and pregnant whihc caused a back spasm. Kinda embarassing! But it REALLY hurt! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, hope she comes soon!
I have an awesome recipe for Baklava
You are due in 6 days!!! I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment