09 April 2009

The End of Bria Land?

I know everyone has been concerned about the recent rumor that Bria Land could be closing. Today I would like to address those concerns and hopefully restore some peace to your hearts. Due to the current economic state, it should come as no surprise that areas of Bria Land have fallen into disrepair.

Also, some of Bria Land's inmates, er, occupants, have grown stronger, weakening The Bria Wall. There have been frequent break-outs.

The occupant caught red-handed:

However, desperate times call for desperate measures. In order to secure the Bria Border, a heavy stroller was placed against The Bria Wall today. This was a major breakthrough for our community. Today will go down in the books as a day of triumph! While the mayor of Bria Land (Ms. Mangum) previously only showered during the nap of Bria Land's Chief Occupant, the stroller-reinforced barrier allowed our mayor to accomplish the unprecedented task of showering while The Occupant was awake. Yes, this did cause some anxiety for our mayor. In an interview, she said, "I was just thinking about the future, you know? You can't be too prepared these days. Sometime in Bria Land's future, Our Occupant will only nap once in the afternoon. And, as a staunch supporter of personal hygiene, I thought now was a good time to learn to shower while The Occupant was awake." Well said, Mayor Mangum.

So, rest at ease, citizens. While Bria Land may becoming somewhat out-dated, and The Occupant may be roaming the wide world of Apartment Seven much more frequently these days, the life of Bria Land is not yet coming to a close.

The occupant, enjoying her usual breakfast of strawberries:

Mayor Mangum and The Occupant:

7 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

So cute...with the baby on the way, I definitely take things like being able to shower at leisure for granted.

Jenny said...

fabulous! and I love that little face while she eats the strawberries. what a cute girl.

Lindsay said...

Good work! As a fellow fan of hygiene, I applaud the securing of Brialand's borders. That weird old saying "If Mom ain't happy, nobody's happy" is true. And let's face it - showers make all kinds of people happy.

Unknown said...

What a cute post. You descirbed the scene so well. I can picture it in my mind.

The Spanns said...

hahahaha, you are too good! Love it!

Kelly said...

Haha, well said mayor mangum. Congrats on securing the borders :)

Amy said...

This post cracks me up! Too funny.